11 gennaio 2002

"Dirty Little Angel"



My Father set a job for me,

to go to every bush and tree,

and sprinkle morning's dew on them

so they could sparkle just like gems.

I was fully three fourths finished when

a puddle caught my eye and then

I had to stop and play awhile

as would any angel child.

But when my Father turned His eyes,

attracted by my gleeful cries,

to see my dirty, splattered face

I knew I'd fallen from His grace.

"Please Father", I began to say,

"I didn't mean to disobey.

I let temptation have its way

and instead of work, I turned to play."

Then I heard Him chuckle low

as he saw me sitting there below.

"I placed that puddle there for you

because I knew just what you'd do.

You needn't try so very hard

to earn your place in My regard.

It's not by works that got you here,

but My love and grace that holds you near."

I felt my heart take wing and lift

and I thanked my Father for this gift.

I never should have doubted grace

because of dirt upon my face.



Teresa A. Schneider

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento